We have got bored with our usual legumes, haven’t we? This type of pea is something we try seldom, mainly due to its unpopular nature. But lately I realized it is one of the tastiest and healthiest yet underrated type of legume that JK should try more often.. Here comes green pea!
As always, we recommend legumes with a curry. There is nothing more matching than a chicken winglet stew with soy sauce.
What you need…
- 100g green pea
- 150g Chicken winglets
How you make it..
- Boiling pea is an art. Especially when it comes to green pea. It takes approximately 3 or 4 whistles with the pressure cooker. Make sure you give ample time to soak it.
- Winglets are Jeew’s favorite part of chicken (just informing in case my fans wanna give me a surprise meal!) You should marinate them with sea salt, pepper, chili powder, curry powder and garlic since the night before. The trick is to keep it in the lower compartment of the fridge,come the morning you are all ready to cook, no defrosting needed.
- Add 1 tsp coconut oil and heat a pan. Splash some cinnamon powder and cardamon. Chop one onion and add to the mix. When the onions are getting golden add the chicken. You may pour 1/2 cup of water if you forgot to marinate for at least 8 hours!
- Keep the lid closed and cook with moderate heat for 15 mins. Add 2ml of soy sauce (only 2ml – too much soy sauce taste awful). I add some oyster sauce too, but it’s up to you though. Add 1/4 cup of coconut milk and 1/2 tsp of butter.
- Keep slow cooking for another 5 mins.
Ok fans, your dish is ready. This is a great combo for your lunch! Post some of your pics please!!
PS : I’m adding a supportive articles about green pea