I know that pancakes are one of your favorites! Mine too.. But thats a lot of starch, so against the JK philosophy! I gotta come up with a replacement, and here it is. I bet that this tastes equally good if not better than a regular pancake.
Fruits are not something we Sri Lankans add much in to our breakfasts. Some habits are gotta go. I do not have a politically correct alternative for that in this case! What go on this dish are papaw and orange, one of JK’s favorite combinations.
What you need..
- Two eggs
- 1/4 orange
- Medium size slice of papaw
- 1/2 yogurt
- 20g Cashew nut
How you make it…
- Chop cashew nuts in to medium size pieces. Not too small, you want to feel the crunch.
- Break two eggs to a bowl. Add 1/2 cup yogurt. Squeeze 1/4 orange. Add the chopped cashew nut. Beat it well..
- Heat a pan with coconut oil. Pour the mixture. Be careful not to spill, as this is more watery than a regular pancake mix.
- The trick is “very very low heat”. If your pancake is made before 15 mins goes, you have to lower the heat a lot more.
- Gently flip the pancake. It’s very fragile.
- Peal the papaw and cut in to squares.The plate is ready. You may be so gentle to this delicacy while eating too..