How’s your weekend doing? If you were under the impression that #jeewskitchen is only for your regular meals, this dish today could change it!
This is our second Tortilla. Remember the Mukunuwenna one? It was an instant hit!!
What you need.. (This dish is for four. Hope you can do your calculations accordingly!)
- 8 eggs
- 50g dhal
- few leaves of spinach
- 200g chicken breast
- 50g mung sprout
- 30g mozzarella cheese
How you make it..
Making the Tortilla paste is simple.
- Cook dhal as in a regular curry. Put less salt and chilli. Not too gravy!
- Stir fry mung sprouts with some coconut oil.
- Beat the eggs to a large bowl and add dhal curry and sprouts to it. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture to a baking pan and lay spinach leaves over it. Pre-heat the oven for 220C and start baking your tortilla.
- Cut the chicken breast it to small cubes. Heat a pan and add 2tsp of coconut oil. Add some garlic and chopped onions. Stir fry the chicken until it tuns golden brown, add chilli, pepper and salt to your liking.
- Now you should see the tortilla in the oven is turning yellow (Not more than in 10 mins). No surprise, you have added a dhal curry to it, remember?
- Now carefully place chicken pieces to spread evenly and push them to submerge in the tortilla with a spoon. Be careful, the oven is hot! (Disclaimer : emergency medical services will be available only at a cost at Jeew’s kitchen)
- Place few slices of tomato. Some coriander leaves to bring extra taste and texture.
- Spray sliced mozzarella cheese on top.
- Add some butter or margarine over the tortilla. Let it bake for another 10 mins.
Ok fans, all set to go.. Lets party with “Dhal tortilla with spicy chicken” tonight…
Don’t drink and drive… :p